Ep. 1: Cooking with Beer – Whistling Paddler Honey Bread & Class V Hummus
Are you seeking kitchen inspiration during these times? Look no further. Our Head Chef, Sarah, whipped up a couple of great recipes for you to try at home, and our President and Co-Founder, Chris, was kind enough to film a play-by-play for you. Enjoy!
Whistling Paddler Honey Bread
12 oz Whistling Paddler
3 cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 cup Honey
6 Tablespoons Butter (cold and cut into slices)
Pinch of Kosher Salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; grease 9×5 bread pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Pour in beer and honey. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour batter into pan and put butter slices on top.
5. Bake for 45-55 min.
Class V Hummus
200 fl oz Can of Chick Peas (drained)
2 Cloves of garlic
1/4 cup Tahini
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Class V IPA
1. Combine all ingredients except beer in food processor using the S Blade.
2. Slowly incorporate beer; scrape sides.
3. Chill for 2 hours.