Whitewater Brewing Co. Golden Lid Giveaway
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO WIN.
1. SPONSOR: The Whitewater Brewing Co. Golden Lid Giveaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Whitewater Brewing Company, 78 Pembroke Street, Cobden, Ontario, K0J 1K0 (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Ontario who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, or parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. TO PLAY DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD: Commencing on March 1, 2023 and ending on June 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.EST, or while supplies last, whichever comes first (“Contest Period”), in cases of Farmer’s Daughter, Whistling Paddler, Class V, and Midnight Stout beer cases of 24 X 473ml cans (“Beer Cases”), each case will have either 1 winning lid of golden colour (“Golden Lid”) or will only have non-winner, regular silver lids. No Golden Lid copies, duplicates or reproductions of any type will be eligible for the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost Golden Lid.
All potentially eligible Golden Lid may be redeemed for a prize during the Contest Period. EST, after which time the Contest will be closed and no further Golden Lid may be redeemed for a prize. The Sponsor’s clock shall be the sole determinant of time for the purposes of this Contest. Refer to the instructions “TO COLLECT YOUR PRIZE” to potentially claim your prize.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To obtain a free lid without completing a purchase, the eligible entrant’s full name must be provided on a plain piece of paper with an address in Ontario and a signature along with a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope to: Whitewater Brewing Company, 78 Pembroke Street, Cobden, Ontario, K0J 1K0. Limit of one request per envelope with sufficient postage. No mechanical reproductions of requests permitted. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, damaged, destroyed request. All requests for a free lid will come from existing inventory of beer cans at the manufacturing facility and are only available while supplies last, or until Contest closes, whichever comes first.
5. CONTEST PRIZE: There are five (4) Golden Lids, each redeemable during the Contest Period for a prize consisting of a monthly $75 Whitewater gift card for a year so 12 X $75 Whitewater gift cards per prize (each prize has a retail value of $900, for a total retail value of $3,600). The Whitewater gift cards may be redeemed via the online store <shopwhitewater.ca> or at the following establishments: Riverside Brew Pub 22, Fletcher Rd, Forrester Falls, Ontario and Lakeside Brew Pub, 78 Pembroke Street, Cobden, Ontario. The prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. They cannot be sold, traded, substituted, or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize cannot be awarded for any reason. Prizes not awarded or redeemed during the Contest Period will be forfeited and have no cash value.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The overall approximate odds of winning one of the 4 prizes are 1 out of 80. There will be 320 contest Beer Cases each containing 24 cans of beer. There will be four (4) Golden Lids amongst these 320 cases. Beer Cases will be sold at exclusively at Lakeside Brew Pub and shopwhitewater.ca and available for purchase during the Contest Period. [The denominator used to calculate the odds is based on the maximum number of applicable beer cases that are produced for this contest sold exclusively at our Bottle Shop or online store.] The total number of prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the contest as beer cans are distributed and prizes are claimed.
7. TO COLLECT YOUR PRIZE: Take a photo of the potentially winning Golden Lid and upload it with a copy of your receipt showing the purchase of the Beer Case to the Contest Entry Page at https://whitewaterbeer.ca/golden-lid-giveaway/, and provide your full name, email address, mailing address, and date of birth (“Potential Winner Info”). Receipt of Potential Winner Info occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the information. Potential Winner Info must be complete and is subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
In order to be declared a winner, a Potential Winner will be required, once the Potential Winner Info has been verified, to first: (i) have correctly answered the Sponsor’s mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance; (ii) complete, sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form within five (5) days of receipt; and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a Potential Winner fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the manner prescribed, does not complete, sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form within the time specified, or is otherwise not in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that Potential Winner.
Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Potential Winner to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Potential Winner’s response. If the Potential Winner does not reply within five (5) business days from the first attempt at contact, that Potential Winner will be disqualified.
The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any Potential Winner based on possible forgery of a Golden Lid or any attempt or suspected attempt to use illicit means to collect a prize or be declared a winner. Potential Winner Info that contains false or incomplete information is void. Potential Winner Info that is late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, is damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor including without limitation, government issued photo identification) for eligibility to claim a Prize and to disqualify any Potential Winner that does not provide such proof and/or meet the eligibility criteria. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
No correspondence will be entered into with entrants except with a Potential Winner.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, participants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest as well as the Social Media Platforms (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a Potential Winner.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Contest Rules) at any time and in any way, without prior notice, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest. In the unlikely event of an error whereby more than 4 Golden Lids are produced and found, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes through a random drawing of all Potential Winners.
Social media: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or any social media platforms (hereinafter all referenced as “Social Media Platform”). You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to the Social Media Platform. The Social Media Platform is completely released from all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not the Social Media Platform. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions, guidelines and privacy policies governing the use of the Social Media Platform and to be bound by their decisions in the event the Social Medial Platform blocks or shuts down a user account.
Privacy: By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as necessary to administer the Contest, and, only if consent is actively given at the time of entry, to be contacted with marketing information and information regarding upcoming promotions and/or events from the Sponsor.
If you have any questions regarding the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by the Sponsor, please contact: For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please refer to Whitewater Brewing Company’s privacy policies, available at.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any litigation must be commenced in the City of Ottawa, Ontario.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.